Dec 8, 2004

Stupid News Item

I saw this article on my Apple homepage. This company has made shirts with the Canadian flag on it so you can 'disguise' yourself when traveling abroad. You wouldn't want to be ridiculed for being an American would you?
"It's not meant as a slight against the United States or Canada," explained T-shirtKing.com President Bill Broadbent. "It was meant as something Republicans could give their Democrat friends to say 'C'est la vie.' ... But maybe not c'est la vie because that's a French word."




Shouldn't conservatives be the target audience for these? They voted in Bush who is responsible for our horrible standing in the world. I'm not ashamed of my politics. I, for one, would love to talk to some foreigners about U.S. policy. I could probably relate to them a lot better than 51% of this country.
"I said, 'What are you going to do if someone asks you about the prime minister of Canada?' And he said, 'I'll study up,"' Dawson said.
Such questions are the reason for the package's quick reference guide, which offers tips in case an American in disguise gets quizzed on Canada.

Another strange thing this article assumes is that, as an American traveling abroad, you will automatically be wearing an American Flag T-shirt and thus, must replace it with the flag of Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home