Mar 1, 2005

Strange Poll

Today's poll on Air America's website reads: Would you support voluntary personal savings accounts in addition to Social Security? The current results show 75% in favor of them. Now, from the way I'm reading the question (and it seems pretty straightforward) is that these accounts would be in addition to Social Security thus leaving it alone. And they would be vouluntary. uh...don't we have those already? I have a "personal savings account" that I "voluntarily" made, it's called my bank account. I also have vouluntarily bought stock with out diverting my Social Security taxes. There is no need for the governmant to set this up unless it was taking money out of Social Security, which is a horrible idea. Those who want to invest money in stocks, bonds, and other things can do so.

Is Air America kidding or is this a serious poll? What troubles me more is that 25% oppose voluntary accounts that have nothing to do with Social Security. no private accounts? I guess we'll just keep cash under the floorboards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home