Jan 18, 2007

New Toon: Pillow Angel


click to enlarge

Pillow Angel. I assume you've heard. You know, the case involves lots of serious ethical questions I don't know if I'm equipped to answer. I'm not outraged or against what the parents did. I can't say what I would think if my daughter could do nothing but lay there with the mental cognizance of an infant and I had to live with it for the rest of my life. I'm not sure what conclusion I would come to if I were on the medical ethics panel that OK'd the surgery. Apparently, many Americans are well-versed in these complex matters and feel the need to accuse the parents and doctors of being monsters. They are so sadistic and cruel they want to take care of her for the rest of her life. What selfish pigs.

What bothers me the most are the hysterical arguments that go something like "what will they allow next?! euthanizing down syndrome babies?!" No. Shut up.

I thought PA was only going to get bigger but it seems to have been dwarfed by the media's favorite narrative: missing children--recovered ones! The whole week we've been privy to extensive segments on this kid that was found where nothing new whatsoever is mulled over for about fifteen minutes before moving on the something about Rosie O'Donnell. This is why I stopped watching TV in the first place--there's no news on it anymore!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian McFadden said...

Anne Geddes should do a shoot with a dozen ampu-babies in a field of daisies.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home