Sep 6, 2007

Mail Bag

A friend writes in with some criticism of my latest comic:
This cartoon gets a 1 out of 10. It's the first time I haven't been enamored of your work. On this subject, there's just too much hypocrisy to go around. You said the key thing was that he pleaded guilty and that he didn't tell anyone. Although it's pretty damning, I can see how someone could do this to make it go away. Like paying the Dodge Boy sheriff manning the speed trap. He's also a guy who apparently would not have been a voting friend of homosexuals. But I gather the Democratic candidates were pretty uncomfortable at a recent forum debating gay issues. This guy's career and life have been ruined, everybody and his uncle in the media is gang-banging him, so what's the point in climbbing on this bandwagon?

I guess I am curious as to the circumstances that led the cop to be doing such undercover work. Is this such a prevalent problem as the disproportionate incidence of AIDS and syphilis in homosexuals (or, for that matter, the disproportionate percentage of African-American males in prison, single females pregnant, kids without fathers, and kids being raised by grandparents and even great-grandparents) being addressed forthrightly by anyone in public office, Republican or Democrat?
No doubt those are all more prevalant problems then restroom sex, but I just don't know if they are as funny. So I went for some easy laughs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home