Apr 6, 2008

sketches, originals

I did some sketches for my last comic so I figured I'd share them with you. I don't tend to sketch for the multi-panels, but for one panel comics where the composition is more important I'm likely to do one.

First, I did something real rough to run the idea by some people.




The only change I made was swapping their positions. Since we read from left to right you see the Muslim woman last which is what I wanted. Then I did something the same size that I draw my finals at on a piece of printer paper and transferred the sketch to bristol board using a light table.



And don't forget! I do sell my originals so if have a desire to own one shoot me an email. I finally put an e-mail link back on the blog--click the little letter graphic at the top of the blog.


2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Dyck said...

Can elaborate a little on what you mean by "run it by some people"?

Are you looking for feedback on the concept? content? clarity? Are these respected peers, editorial supervisors or even non-comics folk?

I'm curious about some of the decisions you have to make from sketchbook to finished piece...thanks for sharing!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

HI Eric,

I ran it by an editorial cartoonist friend and a friend the follows politics closely. I wanted to make sure what I was thinking came out clear and wasn't confusing--mostly since I was using no words beyond the caption. They both got it so I moved forward.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home