Sep 1, 2008

John McCain, Feminist

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?
Because her father is Janet Reno."
That's John McCain showing his deep respect for women in a joke from 1998. Hey, at least it wasn't one of his rape jokes.

It's going to be a shame if this man is remembered for putting the first woman in the White House through an act of an erratic VP pick and dying of old age.

I followed the Palin news closely Friday and into the weekend as I tried to come up with an idea that wouldn't be used by another cartoonist by Wednesday (when the cartoon will be released.) One thing that bothered me about the non-stop coverage was not a single network or news article I read seemed to mention that Cynthia McKinney and Rosa Clemente are running the first all women of color ticket in American History. They didn't bring it up during Hillary's historic run either.

OK, so it's the Green Party. But doesn't it rise to the level of George Stephanopoulos giving a passing mention of their existence so George Will can scoff?

1 Comments:

Blogger kelly said...

I've been a member of the Green Party ever since I turned 18, so nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the self imposed blinders the corporate media have in place when it comes to any third party.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home