Jan 18, 2009

Memory Lane

It's been a long eight years and I'm looking forward to finally drawing cartoons under another president. I was digging through to archives trying to find some interesting stuff for you. I'll have to be selective since the first 100 or so cartoons I did were horrible.

Remember that war idea? That turned out pretty good. Here's one of my first cartoons of Bush.



After the invasion, a peaceful democracy took a few weeks to develop.



Eventually technology reached the point where color could be transmitted via computer screens and I jumped on that bandwagon.



Apparently the Bush administration wasn't completely honest with us about WMDs.


Some innocent pranks happened at Abu Ghraib prison and I blew it all out of proportion. The initial claim that it was a few bad apples has proven correct and I
remain embarrassed about the comic to this day.


Wait a minute. What's going on in the fourth panel of this cartoon? Holy shit--it's an honest-to-god Terrorist Fist Jab!



Tuesday I'll post cartoons from the second term.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brubaker said...

I like how the drawings evolved. Your drawing Bush seemed more realistic in the earlier cartoons, getting cartoonier and cartoonier as the years went by.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

I never really drew real "cartoony" until I started doing editorial cartoons. It took me a few years to get to the point where I was happy with them.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home