Jan 6, 2009

Print Readers: Chance To Get Original Art

Entering your comic into the various awards for editorial cartoons usually requires submitting physical copies of the cartoons from the papers they ran in. I rarely see my cartoons in print since they don't run here in Portland so I need some help. Most awards haven't recognized an "alternative" editorial cartoonist in anyway, but I feel like submitting to at least let them know I exist.

I need a print reader in each city I run in to collect my tear sheet each week and send them to me at the end of 2009. If you are up for it, I will gladly send you the original art for the cartoon of your choice at the end of the year.

Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Burlington, Boston, et al--shoot me an e-mail: click the letter icon at the top right of the blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rob Tornoe said...

You don't have your print clients mail you tearsheets?

11:25 PM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

well, no. But maybe I should look into that.

1:53 AM  
Blogger Aaron Manton said...

Would it be feasible for you to put up a list of your print clients? I don't think you're in St. Louis (the Riverfront Times sucks now), but it'd be easier for people who are used to reading you online.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jon Nix said...

I don't know if you have anyone to do it for cleveland yet, but I could if you like.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

Jon, sorry for the slow reply. I do have someone in Cleveland collecting them for me. But Thank You.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home