Feb 21, 2006

Fan Mail

I knew I would get at least one e-mail like this regarding my new strip. Caleb Freeman writes:

There is a HUGE difference between having a cartoon drawn versus thousands of people dead from suicide boming missions. The only Idiot in Idiot Box is your dumb Un-american Ass. Why don't you go live in those fucking islamic countries since you love them so much.

First off, this thing about writing me and telling me 'Idiot Box' is a fitting name because I'm an Idiot....I double over with laughter every time I hear it. Truly original.

Second, no disrespect to the 9/11 victims was intended. Anyone with a fourth grade reading comprehension level and a minimal grasp of sarcasm can see I was mocking the overblown reaction to these comics and the repercussion they will have on the West's relationship with the Middle East. When I write "no doubt this incident will be used for years to justify all types of violence and insane repressive policies for years to come" it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of my wanting to move to "those fucking islamic countries" since I obviously "love them so much".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home