May 22, 2006

Sweet Reason!



From the Humanist News Network's advice column Sweet Reason:

Dear Sweet Reason,

This may seem a little ridiculous or out of your usual tenor, but my boyfriend is bothered by me saying, “Oh god!” while we are having sex. He is an ardent atheist, while I consider myself to be more of an agnostic. I’ve tried explaining that this is really a moot point, but he seems really bothered by it. I keep hoping he will forget about it, but he just keeps bringing it up. Honestly, it’s the last thing on my mind. But when we’re done, he wants to engage in some kind of discussion and I just want to go to sleep.
Read the response here.
Ironically there are two groups who want to get 'Jesus Christ!' and 'Oh My God' out of their vocabulary: hardcore atheists and people who believe your soul will burn in a lake of fire if you use the Lord's name in vain.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

7:25 PM  
Blogger HumanistPR said...

Hey Matt. Jeff Swenson of Freethunk just did a cartoon based on this advice colum. "Humanist Love: Deist on top" Check it out

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home