Aug 10, 2006

New Toon: The 1% Doctrine


click to enlarge

Posting a bit late today because I've been sick. I want to make this brief so I will just say the 1% Doctrine of Dick Cheney is real and detailed in a new book by Ron Suskind. And to explain it, I'll just quote the New Yorker, who quoted Suskind, who quoted Cheney:
In November, 2001, Suskind writes, Vice-President Dick Cheney announced that if there was "a one percent chance" that a threat was real "we have to treat it as a certainty in terms of our response." He added, "It's not about our analysis, or finding a preponderance of evidence."
Well, I'm sold on the idea. My only question is when will we implement this doctrine into our Science or Math curriculums?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home