Feb 1, 2007

New Toon: Bumbaro


click to enlarge

I had a cartoon about the surge for today, but I decided to bust this one out while Barbaro is still eating up the front pages. Check back Friday and Saturday for more comics.

I'm mainly a verbose multi-panel type guy, buy one thing I love about doing one panels is stretching out and actually drawing some figures and a nice background instead of just talking heads.

As for Barbaro, August says it best:
It's not even a heartwarming story, if you think about it. Someone took a horse, trained it to run fast, and during the course of exploiting its ability to run fast for the purpose of gambling, fatally crippled it. Yay, America!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brubaker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Brubaker said...

I'm facinated by how well-detailed your cartoons are.

How long does it take to draw one cartoon?

3:04 AM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

Thanks! Well, it all depends. A one panel takes about half the time because I draw them a bit smaller and there's a lot less lettering time. I usually am rotating between about three jobs at once so it's hard to say how long they take.

Anywhere from 4-7 hours from the first line to a finalized color version.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home