Jun 19, 2008

Cartoon Roundup

So I've bashed plenty of bad cartoons lately--here are some good ones.
  • Tom Toles and Rob Rogers on Gay Marriage
  • Big Fat Whale with a "gas prices are high" comic that doesn't make you cringe. (get him a prize!)
  • August on "Terrorist Fist Jabbing."
  • Abell Smith posted his first animated cartoon--with great results.
  • Joel Pett had a great one on the Gitmo ruling but the below full-page comic is where it's at. It ran in his paper, the Lexington Herald-Leader, and he gave me permission to post it here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian McFadden said...

Joel's full-pager is awesome. What a shitty eight years it's been.

I dunno if my gas cartoon deserves to be in this round-up. It's textbook summer half-assery on my part. Tune in next week when I complain about the crazy New England weather.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

You're always so down on your work. Didn't you get the memo that cartoonists are supposed to have inflated egos and grandiose fantasies?

McFadden Half-Assery ≥ most cartoons

6:25 PM  
Blogger Matt S said...

I love Joel Pett, he's such a great guy in person. Or so my mom says anyways. But his work has been great for us Lexingtonians and I love it much more than the other crap that goes in our editorial section, like editorials from people who I assume are over the age of 18 and who I assumed were equipped with some sense of logic.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home