May 23, 2006

Lawntocracy

I received an e-mail from Robert Mattson about last week's comic Lawn Order. He is a playwright who created 'Lawntocracy', a ten minute play about American's obsession with their lawns. I read the thing and it's pretty damn funny. Looks like we both played off of the 'I Have A Dream' speech.

The description of the play from his website:
Frank and Vincent are next door neighbors. Frank is in his 40's and white. Vincent is in his early 30's and black. One day Vincent realizes that he doesn't live in a democracy. He doesn't live in a meritocracy. He lives in a lawntocracy, where a man is judged by the color of his lawn and not the content of his character. A brief comedy about what you lose, and what you gain, when you grow up and move to the suburbs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Abell Smith said...

"Lawn Order"... what a great title!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

I know. Unfortunately I can't claim credit for it. One of my editors named it.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home