Sep 11, 2006

New Toon: 5 Years Later


click to enlarge

9/11 happened five damn years ago. Jesus Christ. I won't go into a somber remembrance of those that were killed or long rant against the numerous travesties of this administration. I'm sure there are plenty of places on the web where writers much better than I are attempting to make sense of the insanity that happened that day and the insanity that has happened since.

I just opted for a cartoon that makes a simple point--one that can't be stressed enough.

Jen Sorensen has a great cartoon today.
Dean Turnbloom does not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brubaker said...

I take it that Dean Turnbloom's cartoon is a response to Mike Luckovich's cartoon.

Chuck Asay also did a similar cartoon months ago where he was trying to fill up the word "Freedom" (which was Chuck's answer to the original "WHY?" cartoon) with dead troops' name.

Don't you love ignorant cartoonists?

4:47 PM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

Hey Eric,

Thanks! I really like you crazy comics.

I didn't watch the speech, but saw a lot of the Matt Lauer interview. He was amazingly brash and ignorant--even by his standards.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home