Sep 1, 2006

John Karr's Got Nothing On Me

Strangely enough, in what seems to be a complete coincidence, the two local papers here did articles on me only one day apart.

The Akron Beacon Journal did an article on me yesterday.

And the Canton Repository did an article for their Friday arts and entertainment section, the Ticket. They even reprinted three of my comics in color.

I appeared in the Repository once before. When I was 15 they put a picture of me busting a gap on my skateboard on the front page of the Sunday paper. The article focused on the skateboarding scene in Canton, which consisted of me and about five other people. Unfortunately, I can't link to that gem because it isn't archived on their site. You'll just have to read the stuff about me doing comics.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian McFadden said...

You can scan that skateboarding article if you really want to.

Congrats on the publicity. I should see if my local paper would give up some lost puppy news space to run something about me.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

yeah, I guess I could do that.

do contact your local paper. I sent them notice when Attitude came out to try and get some publicity and a few months later they decided to do something.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home