Apr 24, 2008

Obama on Vaccines

from Matt Yglesias:
we've now got Barack Obama jumping on the McCain autism ignorance bandwagon: "We've seen just a skyrocketing autism rate. Some people are suspicious that it's connected to the vaccines. This person included. The science right now is inconclusive, but we have to research it."
Perhaps if the candidates had as many Science and Health advisers as they do military and foreign policy analysts, they'd know something about what the science actually says. (Jenny McCarthy would not be a good adviser). Talking with the few people I know who have had/are having kids kids recently, most are afraid of vaccines. Of course, I do live in Portland.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Moore said...

Oh man, this is where my hippie friends and I part ways. Correlation does not equal causation! Herd immunity! Not vaccinating your kids makes it easier for the viruses to propagate!

It's a pet peeve. Get my wife started on it sometime.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

Good to hear, Kevin! I'd love to get your wife started.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home