Jul 23, 2009

MailBag Douchebag: Bolging! Edition

Got some e-mails about yesterday's comic. Let's go through these. Matt K says I hate America and should be fired even though I don't have an employer:
Bolging (?) that some unnamed persons on the right (shadow enemy used to keep left wing nuts from thinking too much) advocate killing him is nothing more that a lie to try and justify your advocating killing him for the hate America thrill it gives you.
In my Bolg post yesterday I linked directly to the video that Matt thinks is a lie. I don't know what else I can do for him expect re-Bolg it here on the Bors Bolg.
Kevin H. is another one who doesn't trust my Bolging:
could you please give me your news source for the 100 murdered GITMO detainees? I try to keep myself well informed, and I look at a number of sources each day for news, but that claim is a new one on me - perhaps it that news item came out when I was out camping for a few days.
Kevin must have been camping on the Appalachian Trail last year when Lawrence Wilkerson testified to Congress that over 100 detainees died in our custody. Tom Friedman even wrote about it so I consider it squarely within the bounds of the well informed. Kevin goes on to cite a study from the Quarterly Journal for Facts Pulled From Asses:
A study has been done, and 9 out of 10 prisoners agree: It is much better to be subjected to waterboarding and other "enhanced interrogation techniques" like sleep deprivation than it is to be subjected to "enhanced beheading techniques" - such as being beheaded with a jagged butcher knife. Who knew?
Everyone focuses on waterboarding as if it is the worst thing we engaged in. But let's look at the causes of death listed on the actual government documents released to the ACLU through a FOIA request..."strangulation," "Multiple gunshot wounds with complications" and "Shotgun wound of the head." Yikes! So yeah, the Taliban is crazy and cuts off heads. In the civilized world we use shotguns.

15 Comments:

Blogger DL said...

It takes a big courage to defend your position. It is no easy because, as American, you are a enemy of both Talibans and Al-Qaeda. And taking that position you become an enemy also to US pseudo-patriots that can menace you any time they want with almost assured impunity. I think that position is as unsane as a German condemning Wehrmacht atrocities in USSR under Third Reich. I think it it better to take that position after the war, and being sure of who has won it.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Tony said...

How dare you have facts to back up these claims! You should be fired for this heinous bolg.

9:06 AM  
Blogger warren said...

On the minus side, the NSA is now going to be tracking you with satellites.

On the plus side, they'll be far enough away to get both of your balls in the frame.

Loved the comic and I'm delighted it's ruffling feathers. Well done, sir.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ur fired.

For being awesome.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Judas Peckerwood said...

Nice bolg!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Cüneyt said...

We have a phrase for that, Mr. Lopez: a fair-weather patriot.

It is every American citizen's responsibility to speak the truth at times of peace as well as war. Of course, according to some folks, this war will take a hundred years. If we are to take Lopez's line, that would mean we are to never speak the truth in our entirely lives!

No thanks. Keep up the good work--telling the truth is rarely popular, but always necessary when talking of policy.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir, your bolgarity knows no bounds.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Aaron Manton said...

Does anyone know where I can get some bulgogi?

1:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's a sad day when speaking thr truth and defending the truth is seen as a courageous act.
What have we come to?

3:20 PM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

There's nothing courageous about me. I'm just bolging my opinion from the safety of my studio. Patriots writing me uninformed letters from their home computers are the real heroes.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sumit Khanna said...

I love Col. Wilkerson, along with Col. Paul Hughes and Ambassador Bodine (I would so do her too). They all need more airtime. They are true American heroes and patriots.

I also love how that Fox clip ends with the anchor refusing to show the Taliban video. Seriously, your job is not to decide what is good for America or not giving in to 'what the Talaban want.' Your job is to report the god damn news; all of it and uncensored. You can't just cut out bodies of American soldiers or Iraqi insurgence or innocent civilians. You show it all and let the people decide what to make of it. You don't tell people what it means and hide the evidence. News analysis are useless in a day of ubiquity video and sources.

You know, Captain John Rushing, the former press office for US CENTCOM during the Iraqi invasion, now works for Al Jazeera. Does that make him a traitor? I respect his journalism over anyone on American networks.

In all fairness, our troops fight for the freedom of douche-bags to send you e-mail and also for your freedom to post said e-mail and openly mock them. I do love America.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Teleprompter said...

I loved your cartoon yesterday. Awesome bolging skills.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Cod said...

Regarding facts pulled from arses, IN THIS CASE the reality is the other way around. The US military complained that showing the American soldier in the video was humiliating and therefore contrary to international law. 9 out 10 POWs agree, being videoed ain't as bad as being strangled to death.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Bina said...

I wanna see a link for that "9 out of 10 detainees agree" study Kevin cites. I also want to know the methodology--after all, a study doesn't mean much if the results were obtained under duress!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Col. Wilkerson, along with Col. Paul Hughes and Ambassador Bodine (I would so do her too).

Oh, that's sweet!

Us gals live for that kind of compliment.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home