Feb 9, 2006

Divine Secrets Of the Ben Wa Sisterhood

This is a cover illustration for the current issue of the Sacramento News and Review. The topic is "Passion Parties", where women throw houseparties where sex toys and whatnot are sold. The Art Director wanted a woman looking in a box, presumably containing these sex toys, and having a shocked titillating expression.



The Art Director went with the lower right sketch, but wanted a girl behind each of her shoulders; one giggling, one shocked. The proportions of my sketch were off from the sizes of the cover so I had to add more of the woman's body in than I originally planned.





The Art Director thought it looked better with a tighter crop like in the sketch and I agree that it looks better. Although the cool pattern I made on the one woman's clothes doesn't get seen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mikhaela Reid said...

It does look better cropped, even though that pattern is cool. How have you been getting all this illustration work, by the way--is this a result of sending lots of postcards?

3:03 PM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

I've been doing full time illustration for about a year now and yeah, Most clients have come from postcards. Or people who have see the work I've done around.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home