Dec 10, 2008

Fitzgerald

I went to the Barber shop today. Told 'em to give me the Blago. I look pretty sweet now. But I hesitate to comment further. There is an ongoing investigation and, as you know, it's just not appropriate to comment on those.

Barack McClellan backs me up on this: “Like the rest of the people of Illinois I am saddened and sobered by the news that came out of the U.S. attorney’s office today. But as this is an ongoing investigation involving the governor, I don’t think it would be appropriate for me to comment on the issue at this time.” (It's hard to capture in print, but he said it in that ultra-slow cadence he uses. Took 5 minutes to get the goddamn quote out of him.)

Not that there's any reason to think Obama did anything wrong. But guilt by association is a fun American tradition! Tony Rezko is even mentioned in the whole affair. And he did shake hands with Blago. (What kind of Senator shakes hands with their Governor?)

Seemed not long ago Patrick Fitzgerald was being maligned by the Right as a sufferer of Bush Derangement Syndrome while investigating the Bush White House for the Plame leak. No doubt he's a straight shooter now. Fitzgerald is really good at his job. If Obama is part of a Muslim Terror Takeover with a fake birth certificate, I'm fully confident that Patrick Fitzgerald will uncover it. Chill out, crazy people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home