Jan 12, 2009

Plea From The Cartoonist

Once or twice a year I like to bug you about writing your local papers to ask them to run my strip.

Last week I lost my largest paper, The Village Voice, due to cutbacks and lost a few more papers last year due to them either cutting pages or folding completely. If you live in New York and like my work, consider writing the Voice to let them know.

A lot of my cartooning colleagues seem to be having the same trouble. Papers are cutting content like mad. If you live in a city that runs my work in print, please write the paper to let them know you like it. If your city doesn't run my work, let them know you'd like to see it in print. It's what pays the bills and keeps this website up and running. Thanks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Manton said...

I sent in a plea (I also suggested Jen Sorenson and Ted Rall - I'm swinging for the fences!) to the Riverfront Times. Hopefully they'll forget they're owned by the Village Voice and act like a real alternative paper.

For any STLites, http://www.riverfronttimes.com/feedback/EmailAnEmployee?department=letters is the feedback page. Sorry, but I am dim with html.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Matt Bors said...

Thanks, Aaron. Every thing helps--especially in this economic climate.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Brubaker said...

A lot of altie cartoonists are losing papers lately. Big Fat Whale lost a few and even Tom Tomorrow reported that he lost some, too.

I wonder how animation is doing...

12:59 PM  
Blogger Nyettt said...

Hey, Matt~

If a radical, blind, unthinking idealouge like yourself is having problems finding/keeping work, maybe it's time to 'tweak' your message? Perhaps people don't want to hear what you have to say anymore? Consider "Air America" and learn...if you're wise.

Just a thought.........

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home