Feb 19, 2009

War Is Boring

I've mentioned that I'm working on a graphic novel with David Axe, but I thought I'd make a more official-sounding announcement about the project. David and I have been working together for a few years and what started out as a strip has now evolved into a full-length book.

"War Is Boring" will be published in 2010 by New American Library, their first graphic novel. The book will detail Axe's adventures in war correspondence over the last few years, going through Afghanistan, Chad, Iraq, East Timor, Lebanon and a few other places. The story follows Axe's evolution from a thrill-seeking journalist to one with a full understanding of the humanitarian crises and complicated politics in the world's worst conflict zones.

I'm hard at work on the art chores. Below is a page from the introduction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Manton said...

Sort of a 'Ghost World' vibe, for some reason.

Er, not that I ever read 'Ghost World'.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home